At the central level : INS is made up of 7 central departments: 6 technical central departments in charge of designing and monitoring the production and dissemination of statistical information, and a central management including the shared service. Besides, two units are under the supervision of the INS General Management: :
• The Permanent Secretariat for the Statistics National Council
• The business cycle information center.
The central departments:
• C.D. of demographic and social statistics.
• C.D. of business statistics.
• C.D. of the national income accounting.
• C.D. of the business cycle and business studies statistics.
• C.D. of regional statistics.
• C.D. of dissemination, IT and coordination.
INS is represented by six regional departments (Districts) covering the country’s major.
The main mission of the regional representations consists in achieving the operations of data gathering, encryption and entry. Their mission includes other specific regional activities as well as the development of regional statistics in their respective geographical zones.